Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converted to mp3 location

I am converting lots of songs to put on a memory card for my car (MP3's)

Can I create a destination folder for all of the converts?

At the moment I have to go into the media folder and go through all the folders and pick each one out individually. This will take forever!!!

In my mind I should be able to select all the songs, convert them and tell them to go to a separate folder, that I can then just select all and transfer to SD card.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 10:01 AM

Before you start the conversion use Edit > Preferences > Advanced to tell iTunes that you want to use a different media folder. Do not consolidate to this new location. Reset the original media folder when done, again without consolidating. The files will still go into separate folders, but you can search the parent folder for files matching *.mp3 then drag these to the SD card, assuming your car wants everything in a flat structure. Finally clean up the files, folders, and entries in iTunes you no longer need.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 10:01 AM in response to adymate

Before you start the conversion use Edit > Preferences > Advanced to tell iTunes that you want to use a different media folder. Do not consolidate to this new location. Reset the original media folder when done, again without consolidating. The files will still go into separate folders, but you can search the parent folder for files matching *.mp3 then drag these to the SD card, assuming your car wants everything in a flat structure. Finally clean up the files, folders, and entries in iTunes you no longer need.

tt2

Converted to mp3 location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.