Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting a phishing message from mac-securities and my browser is locked up

Safari is locked up with a message from www.mac-securities.com stating that I have a phishing problem with a phone number to call. can't do anything. using Firefox

PowerPC G4, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:51 AM

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

(127996)

4 replies

Jun 8, 2015 1:46 PM in response to Niel

I got this too, and it wasn't any kind of nefarious-sounding link, either, so for anyone reading this: it can happen on stuff that looks innocent!

When the phone # message popped up, I quickly did force-quit Safari. I did not call the number. Restarted (all seemed well, no message, not frozen, etc.) THEN read to restart w/ shift key, so quit again and restarted w/ shift key.

So my question is this:

Is my computer ok? I checked in sys prefs, and my firewall is ON. I don't know what else to look for. I have bills to pay, but now am worried about whether there is malware already on the computer. How do I check this?

Thanks so much, hoping someone can clarify.

Judy

getting a phishing message from mac-securities and my browser is locked up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.