Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus home button

Im having problem with my home button. not working at all. i need some help please.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:53 AM

14 replies

May 28, 2015 10:59 AM in response to briansean21

Apple will repair it or replace it if you TAKE it in to Apple. However, if you have opened the device yourself to try repairs, then you've voided any and all help from Apple In that case, you are on your own. You can look at any useable info at places like www.ifixit.com for help.

when you have hardware problems, you need to physically take the device in to an Apple Store air an Apple Authorized repair center to get repairs done.

May 28, 2015 11:16 AM in response to briansean21

So, what did Apple say was wrong? Ordinarily for such hardware issues they would replace the device with a refurbished unit. If they decided the damage was caused by something you did, they would charge you an out of warranty repair fee. Neither Apple nor any Apple authorized repair center fixes broken home buttons - they replace the device and send the broken one back to the factory in China for refurbishment or recycling.

i Don't know what answer your looking for here. The device is not user repairable so nobody is going to suggest that for an iPhine 6 which must still be under warranty. And if it's broken, then take it to Apple as only they can deal with the issue.

May 28, 2015 11:16 AM in response to Michael Black

well they found nothing wrong with diagnostics. even though its not working. they said i could pay something like 300 something for a refurbished phone but i paid 400 something for a brand new one so not worth it. what was weird is that my phone over heats, like really bad a lot, but they didn't find anything on diagnostics and i tried reseting erasing etc but still happens. they say its normal, which i doubt. none my other phones heated that much and none of the other people who have same has had it over heat that much

May 28, 2015 11:24 AM in response to briansean21

briansean21 wrote:

exactly, they just tell me same thing. so thats why i was looking for help, and thats why searching/googling for like other similar cases or what would cause it. but thanks anyways ill continue to search

What do you mean they tell you the same thing? What did they tell you? If they offered you an out of warranty replacement, then they said something about the warranty being void.

iPhone 6 Plus home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.