Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream does not work

I have an iPhone 6 - I take a photo. It sends the image via photostream to the cloud and also down to my ipad.

I have an iPad - it will not send a picture up to the cloud and also therefore not down to my iPhone. It won't do what the phone does. Photostream does not work on it.

It does not matter what I do. I have done the complete official apple trouble shooting, am I on internet, is it over 20% battery, plugged in, camera app closed... enabled in both places in the settings... all of it.

I have also completely and properly un-installed iTunes, again in the right order, and re-installed it.I have un-installed icloud from my computer and reinstalled it.

I've done the whole turn off the Photostreaming select delete and turn it back on...

I am also aware that photos on iOS 8 on my phone wont be in Photostream - I know where to look for them - they aren't there. In any case when you are testing it with 1 photo it would be kind of hard to miss it.

I have factory reset the iPad.Nothing, Trying for several days. Absolutely nothing.

Thanks for any and all help.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3, Photostream

Posted on May 28, 2015 12:07 PM

3 replies

May 30, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Technojunkie

Actually now Ive gone Googlie with google+ and google drive

Problem solved.

And it does video,

And it doesn't delete them after 30 days.

And you don't have to mess around with is it in the photo stream folder or not.

And it sync them seamlessly with the PC

and you can set it to go on 3G 4g if you want.

wake up Apple you got this one wrong 😟

Jun 27, 2015 6:21 PM in response to Ralphfromtheswamp

Ditto to all of the above. I quit Photostream completely and now use Google Drive exclusively. Photostream would take days to upload a handful of photos, often wouldn't upload all of them, and other iOS devices didn't download all of the photos from iCloud. Even though Google Drive requires an additional manual upload step, it has two huge advantages over Photostream/iCloud: 1) it actually works, and 2) it works instantaneously.

Hey Apple guys - try taking a drive from Cupertino up to Sunnyvale to find out what Google figured out that you can't.

Photostream does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.