Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My message app keeps crushing on my iphone 6 every time i press on it

can your guys send a new software update bcoz i cannot use my message app its the phones original app and it deosnt seem to open up i got messages to be read but i cannot read them

Posted on May 28, 2015 12:19 PM

2 replies

May 28, 2015 12:46 PM in response to Asya2014

For the people who are stuck in a reboot loop: IF you have a back up or don't care about erasing your phone if you don't have a back up and you use Find my iPhone: Go to icloud.com and log in. Click on Find my iPhone. Click on All Devices on the top of the window. Click on your phone/device. Click Erase and just skip through all the phone number, message stuff. When your phone comes back on you'll get the hello screen and you set it up like when it was new. If you have an iCloud back up from before you got the message that messed your phone up restore from that and you will be fine.

For those who can't get the other things to work:

1. Settings>Messages> Turn iMessage off
2. Use Siri to send a message to yourself and the person who sent you the text. You can also go to photos and pick a photo to send to yourself and the person who sent you the text.
3. Settings>Messages> Turn iMessage back on
4. Go Open Messages and delete the conversation with the text in it.
5. If you still can't open Messages or iMessage won't activate reset your network settings by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.
6. Go to Messages and delete the conversation...

That should fix the issue.

Oh, and to avoid it...go to Settings>Notifications> and turn off show on lock screen and show previews.

My message app keeps crushing on my iphone 6 every time i press on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.