Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I report misleading App Store information?

I have purchased an expensive app only to discover certain undisclosed large extra expenses are involved for proper operation. Where may I report incomplete (and what I therefore think misleading) App Store descriptions? (I am not among the rich and famous with distended ears from advanced money flow.)

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on May 28, 2015 12:46 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2015 2:19 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Sorry, folks. Late to reply. I have placed the complaint in a review of the app and in an email to the dev. I will further pursue the "reportaproblem" link. I won't go into the app name(s) with which I have encountered such problems so as not to start an impolite ruckus. (I don't want to be drummed out of the corps as a potential troll or slanderer.}

Jul 5, 2015 4:02 PM in response to F J Poblam

FWIW, there are quite a few apps that offer additional "in app" purchases; here is the relevant excerpt from the iTunes Store T&C - did the app you purchased not have a note that it offers those?

IN-APP PURCHASES

Certain App Store Products may include functionality that enables you to receive additional services, or licenses to additional functionality or content for use within the App Store Product ("In App Purchases"). In App Purchases that are consumed during the use of the App Store Product (for example, virtual ammunition) cannot be transferred among devices; can be downloaded only once; and after being downloaded, cannot be replaced. Once a consumable In App Purchase is acquired and received by you, Apple shall be without liability to you in the event of any loss, destruction, or damage. All In App Purchases are deemed App Store Products, and In App Purchases received within Third-Party Products are deemed Third-Party Products, and treated as such, for purposes of these terms and conditions.

You must authenticate to acquire In-App Purchases separately from any authentication to obtain App Store Products by entering your password when prompted, but once you have authenticated to obtain an In-App Purchase, you will be able to acquire additional In-App Purchases for fifteen minutes without re-entering your password. You can turn off the ability to acquire In-App Purchases on your iOS Device by following the steps outlined at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213.

from here (US version):

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html#SALE

Where do I report misleading App Store information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.