Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My batterie died IPHONE6

My batterie died on my Iphone 6 , is almost 4 hours and dosent charge , screen is black 😟 , i already try pressing the home and sleep button for 15 seconds and nothing , do not live in USA ( Tijuana ) someone can help me ? can i go to Apple store with out and appointment ???

iPhone 6, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on May 28, 2015 11:07 AM

17 replies

May 28, 2015 9:55 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Nah haha. To be honest, and I'm really not trying to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you call AppleCare yourself and ask them about their service strategy for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I don't care what the warranty says. Ask for a senior advisor. Ask them to refer to their resources. I've been through this before and I can assure you that while you can't service the device "world-wide" you can service it in the U.S., Canada, EU, Japan, quite a few countries in the Middle East and Australia.

If you refuse to investigate further for yourself and continue to insist that I'm incorrect frankly I don't care, I just hope that OP gets the service they need despite your misinformation.

May 29, 2015 8:30 AM in response to iCensored

Well, here is the warranty for Mexico:

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-alac-spanish.html

This paragraph states that Apple may restrict warranty service to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device:

RESTRICCIÓN IMPORTANTE PARA SERVICIO DE iPHONE E iPAD

Apple podrá restringir el servicio por garantía para iPhone e iPad al país en el que Apple o sus distribuidores autorizados originalmente vendieron el dispositivo.

Legally, the only valid contract language is contained in the warranty terms. Any company may make exceptions - note the word 'may' above - however, that does not make it a company wide policy. So, Apple may or may not provide free warranty service in another country - it would be their call and I would not trust any contradicting statement made over the phone unless it was confirmed in writing or the store was directed to provide the service and I received a confirmation. In this context, it is irrelevant if Apple can service the phone or if they've done so for you or me - what matters is if they might/will insist on following the warranty terms to the letter or not in any specific case. And none of us would be privy to that information.

May 29, 2015 8:42 AM in response to iCensored

I took the time to investigate further.

I just got off with Apple Support. They stated the warranty is still country specific. While it may be possible for warranty service for the device in the US, the only way to be sure is to have the IMEI for them to check the system. They still state the warranty is country specific and to contact Apple or the Authorized Apple Service Provider in the country of purchase.

My batterie died IPHONE6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.