Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reinstall apps on my original iPad?

I have the original iPad. It crashes when I run Safari. So, I did a factory reset. Safari still crashes.

Worse, I cannot install almost every app I had installed before. How can I get them back? I'd really like to have some basics, like Weatherbug, a decent alarm clock (since Apple will not allow Pandora or Tunein Radio to put that functionality in the apps), a browser that does not crash, YouTube, MLB's At Bat & MLS (Major League Soccer). Most every app (gratefully Pandora, Tunein Radio & Netflix are already reinstalled) says I have to have a newer iOS (than the 5.1.1 that is as far as this iPad can handle).

FYI - While I have updated my PC from Win7 to Win8 and have not reinstalled iTunes, I still have my iTunes files (I keep my personal data files on a separate drive in my PC - as well as backed up to a different drive, just to be safe). Will iTunes help? What steps would I take?

Help!

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, MB292LL, 16 GB, WiFi only

Posted on May 28, 2015 11:54 AM

3 replies

May 28, 2015 12:01 PM in response to Bardiferous

IF you sync with iTunes, simply restore the backup and sync your content back to the iPad. If you were syncing on a regular basis, all of your apps should be in there.

IF the developer has kept the old versions still available, you can download them again.

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support

May 28, 2015 1:19 PM in response to Bardiferous

No, the apps would've been contained in a backup that you should've made in the past, not one that you are making now. The apps are gone from the device now....backing it up now won't get your apps & data back.

If you have an iTunes backup contained in the backup of your PC (two different things), then you may be OK. If not, you've probably lost irrecoverable data.

Also be aware that any NEW data that you have on the device will be lost when/if you restore your old backup (if you find it). iDevice backups cannot be merged to combine data from different backups. It's either one backup or the other.

How do I reinstall apps on my original iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.