Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TestFlight: Unable to download app

I am a new iOS developer and have just submitted my first app to the app store (version 1.0.0 build 7). I used to be able to use TestFlight to distribute versions of my app to beta testers, but now when they try, they (and I) are getting the message "Unable to Download App. (my app name) could not be installed at this time." I have Deployment Target in Xcode set to 8.0 and both I and my user in question are using an iOS version more recent than this.

The build showing up in TestFlight is build 6.

Here are my questions:

1) What could be causing this?

2) My app (build 7) is currently being reviewed by the app store. Can I still submit new builds or versions for beta testing (minor changes) without losing my place in line for review by the app store? If I submit build 7 for beta review, will I lose my place in line for app review on the app store? I would like to be able to get the most recent version of my app into the hands of a few users/beta testers without having to wait another week to do so, since some of them need it sooner.

Posted on May 28, 2015 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:27 PM

I never did find out what was causing the problem, but I did find out that you can submit another build for beta testing while waiting for a previous build to clear the 8-10 day app review process. Using this process, I simply submitted a new build and that one seems to work fine as far as installation goes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Eutico

I never did find out what was causing the problem, but I did find out that you can submit another build for beta testing while waiting for a previous build to clear the 8-10 day app review process. Using this process, I simply submitted a new build and that one seems to work fine as far as installation goes.

TestFlight: Unable to download app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.