Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie getting uninstalled

My iMovie got uninstalled after a repair to my macbook pro and it says i have to buy it but i already owned it.

How do i get it back without having to buy it again?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 28, 2015 12:49 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Averythomas

According to OS X Yosemite: Reinstall apps that came with your Mac it should be possible to reinstall it from the AppStore since it is part of iLife but not OS X.

However, for reasons I don't understand it does not appear in my Purchases tab in the AppStore even though all the other apps listed in the "Pages, Numbers .... sentence do appear. This is the case for two machines I own. If I find iMovie under the Categories tab in AppStore it offers to open it, reflecting that I already have it installed.

JKBoot: Did you buy your MacBook Pro new and register it with your own Apple ID?

If not (for example it was a second-hand machine registered under someone-else's Apple ID then my understanding is that you do not have the right to download or update it free of charge.

Geoff.

iMovie getting uninstalled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.