Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing LP 9 to replace LP 8

I'm concerned that I will have doubles of all the sound samples and whatever else is being installed with my new(er) update from LP 8 to LP 9. Should I delete something before installing LP 9?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 28, 2015 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 1:26 PM

No...

When you install LP9 it will either upgrade/replace.install anything new included with LP9 while leaving alone anything previously installed by LP8....

So don't delete anything... Just let the LP9 installer do it's thing....

Note: Once LP9 is installed.... assuming you are using the DVD Logic Studio 2.0 version and not the app store version... and before reunning LP9 the first time.. Update LP9 to 9.1.5 and update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 to get the most stable/efficient OS X and Logic Combo that several of us here, are still using...

The Logic Pro 9.1.5 update can be found here...

Logic Pro 9.1.1 through 9.1.6 updates

You can also update LP9 to 9.1.8 if you so wish and is essential if you are also intending to update OS X beyond Snow Leopard........ though personally I'd stick to 9.1.5 with Snow Leopard....

The link for that upgrade is found here...

Logic Pro 9.1.8

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 1:26 PM in response to gregm23

No...

When you install LP9 it will either upgrade/replace.install anything new included with LP9 while leaving alone anything previously installed by LP8....

So don't delete anything... Just let the LP9 installer do it's thing....

Note: Once LP9 is installed.... assuming you are using the DVD Logic Studio 2.0 version and not the app store version... and before reunning LP9 the first time.. Update LP9 to 9.1.5 and update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 to get the most stable/efficient OS X and Logic Combo that several of us here, are still using...

The Logic Pro 9.1.5 update can be found here...

Logic Pro 9.1.1 through 9.1.6 updates

You can also update LP9 to 9.1.8 if you so wish and is essential if you are also intending to update OS X beyond Snow Leopard........ though personally I'd stick to 9.1.5 with Snow Leopard....

The link for that upgrade is found here...

Logic Pro 9.1.8

Jun 29, 2015 10:48 PM in response to gregm23

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Seriously....

Updating Waveburner to 1.6.1 is ok.... but for the rest, unless there is a pressing need, leave them as they are.... would be my suggestion....

Anyhow...

Glad things are working well for you... and thanks Greg, for letting us know how it turned out.. That's always much appreciated!

Cheers..

Nigel

Installing LP 9 to replace LP 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.