Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Mid 2015 Fan Issues

I've had my Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2015 model for a few days now, and on day 1 i had issues with the fan spinning up and being very loud until I quit Paragon "notificator" and Dropbox. Again today I'm having the same issue. I just quit those programs and the fan quieted down. The problem is - I have never had these fan issues on any of my other Macbooks. I'm thinking this may be a hardware issue that may be resolved in an update, I am just tired of walking into a conference room with my Macbook screaming for attention. The fan is FAR too sensitive. Is anyone else having this issue?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 28, 2015 1:11 PM

6 replies

May 28, 2015 1:14 PM in response to sconner1987

sconner1987 wrote:

I've had my Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2015 model for a few days now, and on day 1 i had issues with the fan spinning up and being very loud until I quit Paragon "notificator" and Dropbox. Again today I'm having the same issue. I just quit those programs and the fan quieted down. The problem is - I have never had these fan issues on any of my other Macbooks. I'm thinking this may be a hardware issue that may be resolved in an update, I am just tired of walking into a conference room with my Macbook screaming for attention. The fan is FAR too sensitive. Is anyone else having this issue?

You have 14 day to return it for replacement.

May 28, 2015 1:23 PM in response to sconner1987

The problem more likely is that you are not using the current versions of the software. I use DropBox without any issues. I don't know about the other title. I suggest you check on its compatibility: See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps. Upgrade it if needed or stop using it.

Mavericks and later

Open Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder. Select All Processes from the View menu. Click on the CPU tab in the toolbar. Click twice on the CPU% column header to display in descending order. If you find a process using a large amount of CPU time (>=70,) then select the process and click on the Quit icon in the toolbar. Click on the Force Quit button to kill the process. See if that helps. Be sure to note the name of the runaway process so you can track down the cause of the problem.

Runaway applications can shorten battery runtime, affect performance, and increase heat and fan acti…

Jun 29, 2015 11:37 PM in response to sconner1987

I have this problem as well altho mine is not a new Mac. This all started when I did the latest OS update to 10.10.3. I had never had an issue before that. Looking at Activity Monitor it seems something from HP is using up over 300% of the CPU but yet when I attempt to quit from here, nothing changes. I also had some challenges getting my HP OfficeSmart computer to work after the OS update as well so I suspect there is something incompatible there, though everything has been updated and I've followed all instructions from Apple as well as HP. Can anyone help? My fan runs loudly and almost constantly, and I record videos but cannot use them due to the hum in the background. Thanks

Macbook Pro Mid 2015 Fan Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.