Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Gen just got quieter.....

Hi, I noticed when travelling over the past few days that my iPod touch (it's a relatively new 64gb model) has got noticeably quieter when playing back music through ear buds.

The bizarre thing is that other apps are still just as loud as they ever were. So if, for example, you listen to music whilst playing a game, the sounds are completely out of balance - the music is either too quiet, or the app blows your brains out!

I have checked and the volume limiter is definitely NOT engaged and the ear phones have been checked on other devices and are perfect.

The main problem is the loss of volume, at full blast on a plane it's not really loud enough - a week or two ago it wouldn't have been anywhere near full volume - ever!

I notice that the volume indicator has changed on the screen recently (going red at higher volumes) and I wonder if the music volume has been capped as part of an update. I hope not!!

Anyway, any solutions or other feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

Simon

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:03 PM

There are no replies.

iPod Touch 5th Gen just got quieter.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.