Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Ipad has 8.2 Iphone is 8.3 and will not let me set up as restore. Please advise thanks

I want my new IPad to have the same apps, etc as my IPhone which I thought I had to do in set up using restore. But because the phone is 8.3 and the Ipad is 8.2 it will not allow. Need advise

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:16 PM

8 replies

May 28, 2015 2:39 PM in response to rccharles

I do have an ICloud account. I set up the Ipad as new and updated to IOS 8.3. I am worried that if I back up the Ipad as it is currently (it does not have several APPs that are on the IPhone) then it will wipe those APPs off my IPhone when that is backed up? Am I thinking straight about that? I don't normally back up to ITunes - I find it very confusing and my husband and I have two separate ITunes account but one computer and ugh......

New Ipad has 8.2 Iphone is 8.3 and will not let me set up as restore. Please advise thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.