Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone reboot loop after receiving crash message

My iphone 5 is now in an infinite restart loop in which it turns on for about a second, then reboots itself for 10-15 seconds and repeats. Restarting the phone (holding power and sleep button) doesn't work, letting the phone run out of battery and charging it again doesn't work, I can't back up my phone to my computer due to the loop (I got a new hard drive and I haven't backed up my phone since then), and I can't even refresh the phone through my computer because of a setting on the phone which I can't access due to the loop. This all started yesterday when a friend of mine found the iphone crash text on Reddit (the one message that says "power" with a string of arabic symbols and when you send it to someone it restarts their phone) and he sent it to me as a joke. At the time, however, my phone was out of battery, and when I charged it and turned it back on it immediately began this restart loop. The only instances of this problem I have found have been caused by jailbreaking the phone or a software update (I have never jailbroken my phone and have not updated it recently). I assume this is caused by the message and I have had my friend delete the text off his phone and it still loops. Fix???

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:09 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2015 2:20 PM in response to User457

This cannot be a coincidence as I have just had this issue as well with my iPhone 5s, starting about 10-15 minutes ago. My battery was a 20%, but not plugged in, but on standby. I have the same issue except I did either not have a crash message or not see it as it was in standby mode, i have run the battery down and charged it turning it on and the loop continues. I haven't had one of these "crash messages" (or I have and did not see it) but this is a really weird and annoying problem, any help/fix would be greatly appreicated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

iphone reboot loop after receiving crash message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.