Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail App marks email as junk, over and over

How can I fix the Mail app so it doesn't mark legitimate email as junk?

This problem recurs across email I receive from a swath of my legitimate correspondents even after I have marked their mail as "not junk" over and over.

These senders are in my contacts, but some, not all, of their email is considered "junk" by the Mail app. It seems that just changing the classification of email from junk back to legitimate may work for a while, but within a couple of weeks, their email is right back in my junk folder. Sometimes these items include invoices, quotes, pictures, etc.

How can I get mail from a user to be allowed through iCloud/MacOSX mail servers without it being classified as junk?

MacBook Pro 17" Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:08 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 4:20 PM in response to albeaux

There two ways email is marked as Junk. One is locally on your computer, based on what you thought the Junk filter to consider as junk in the past (these are the emails that are shown in brown and identified with the junk icon). The other way is via your email provider flagging it as email. These are put into the junk folder, are not shown in brown, and can't be unmarked as junk within Mail. The only way to tell your provider that these are not junk is on their email website by marking them as not-junk and/or adding their email address to the address book kept by the provider.

Mail App marks email as junk, over and over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.