Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add my daughter's Google act to her iPhone or mine. I do the add account process but, the choices screen (mail, calendars, etc) comes up greyed out, and then the process fails.

My daughter is getting an iPhone for her birthday. My husband and I use Google calendar to keep personal and a "family" calendar and we want her to have access to the family calendar in the native calendar app on the iPhone... and for me to be able to see her calendar in my iPhone native calendar app, just as I can see my Google personal calendar and the family calendar.

I tried replicating what I have that has worked fine. I set her up with a Google account using her (non-Google) email address. I set up her Google calendar and gave her access to the "family" google calendar. All fine.

But when I go to add her Google account to iPhone (or mine, for that matter), the Add Account process in Settings fails part way through. I select Google and enter the email address and password. Then, I get the screen with the four choices of what to add -- mail, calendars, etc. But, it's greyed out; I can't select anything. After a second, the phone goes back to the previous screen and the account isn't added.

I have also tried from the Google side. They have a screen where you can select what Google calendars you want to sync with your native device app (meaning the Apple calendar app on the iPhone.) I have selected all the relevant calendars but that doesn't work either.

I don't really want to give up and have her use the Google calendar app for iPhone. I would prefer she use native iPhone calendar as I do.

Thank you so much!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, Same problem iPhone 5c

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:39 PM

Jedediah56 figured this out -- my hero. Use CalDav.

Mail, contacts > Add Account > other > CalDav

then, server is google.com

user name is the relevant email address for the Google account

password is your password

THen, describe it however you like

1 reply

I can't add my daughter's Google act to her iPhone or mine. I do the add account process but, the choices screen (mail, calendars, etc) comes up greyed out, and then the process fails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.