Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot my password for a numbers spreadsheet.

Hello guys,

I forgot my password for a numbers spreadsheet. Unfortunately I didn't use keychain.

How else can I open it? Please help!

Thank you,

Victor

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 3:23 PM

The bad news is that the password actually works and you cannot open the file with out the password.

The good news is that the password actually works and you cannot open the file with out the password.

Do you have a copy of the file BEFORE you saved it with a password? Did you email the file to someone before you applied the password? Maybe it's in a TimeMachine Backup?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 3:23 PM in response to Vctor

The bad news is that the password actually works and you cannot open the file with out the password.

The good news is that the password actually works and you cannot open the file with out the password.

Do you have a copy of the file BEFORE you saved it with a password? Did you email the file to someone before you applied the password? Maybe it's in a TimeMachine Backup?

Forgot my password for a numbers spreadsheet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.