Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

incorrect sequence settings in FCE

Hi Folks,

I have shot HDV footage at 25fps and notice that when I start a new sequence the item properties are:

Vid Rate 25 fps Frame Size 1440x1080 Compressor Apple Intermediate Compressor Pixel Aspect HD 1440x1080

Field Dominance (Upper (odd)

I have checked the item properties of the ingested video and it is showing that the Field Dominance is None.

Why the difference in the sequence settings? How do I change the sequence settings so that it is

showing Field Dominance None?

(My Easy Setup is Format HD Rate All rates Use HDV AIC 1080i50)

Any advice much appreciated. Regards,

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2015 1:34 PM

You have chosen and interlaced Easy Setup - that is what the "i" is in 1080i50.

Not sure what version of FCE you are using but try creating a new, empty sequence.

Drag one of your source clips to the (empty) timeline you just created. You should be asked if you want the Sequence settings changed to match your source properties.

Say Yes.

You should be good to go.

If this does not work post back.

MtD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2015 1:34 PM in response to paddymel

You have chosen and interlaced Easy Setup - that is what the "i" is in 1080i50.

Not sure what version of FCE you are using but try creating a new, empty sequence.

Drag one of your source clips to the (empty) timeline you just created. You should be asked if you want the Sequence settings changed to match your source properties.

Say Yes.

You should be good to go.

If this does not work post back.

MtD

May 30, 2015 3:55 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Thanks very much for writing Meg, this has solved my problem. The sequence settings have now changed back to Field Dominance None.

BTW I notice in Easy Setup the only choice is for 1080i (there is no 1080p option) so I guess this question will be asked and I will need to change the sequence settings every time I make a new sequence. (good to remember) Hopefully this will help other FCE users out there who shoot in 25p.

Thanks again,

Much appreciated.

incorrect sequence settings in FCE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.