Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iphone user

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum as well as new to the Iphone community. I was using this old blackberry and never updated it until it broke. I went ahead and bought a 5s because some of my coworkers as well as family members have recommended it to me because it is easy to use and long lasting. I have had it for at least 7 or 8 months. I recently got promoted and got my own office. Last week and the beginning of this week was very bad for us Southerners. We were hit hard with strong thunderstorms causing severe flooding. I went to work that night without my phone charger. My car was also broken into so it was a rough night. I had to borrow a USB cord to charge my phone (using the computer at work) as my phone was out of battery. That was the first time I've done that. I wanted to call home to check on my mom, husband, and car. I'm a little worried now. I have notice that some of the photos that I have took a long time ago suddenly appear on my camera roll. I don't even know how to move photos to camera roll. I'm a little worried that my personal data such as emails, notes, photos, and such are sent to the work computer? I'm just a little paranoid and scared now. I also asked this question in another forum. They told me not to worry about it because in order for my photos to be transfter to the computer is for me to physically import them there by going to (my computer) or that computer has to have Itunes.

I did remember that when I plug my Iphone to that computer using the USB cord that a message pop up asking me if I want to trust or don't trust the computer. I clicked don't trust. The computer doesn't have Itunes either. I didn't go into my computer to transfer anything either. I just plug it in to charge and to called my family and browse on the internet for a bit to check on the weather to see if I could make it home in the morning.

The only way I could think off those photos showing on my camera roll is that I was backing up those photos using my home computer? I also sync photos on Itunes from home computer. I did charge my phone at home after I got back from work. I'm just really worried that my data has been backup into that computer or sync into that computer. The computer at work needs to have Itunes for that to work though?

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:40 PM

2 replies

May 28, 2015 6:13 PM in response to maryann0350

I have notice that some of the photos that I have took a long time ago suddenly appear on my camera roll.

How did you take the picture. One what computer and devices were the picture.

I think you are safe with your work computer.. You could look around your work computer at the likely places the pictures might be. You could do a search for all files ending in .jpg .jpeg and .png these are the common extensions of photo files.

New iphone user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.