Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

selecting the still frame for a transition effect

I am trying to select the still frame for a 'pan down fast' transition in a project i'm doing on FCP X (10.2.1). I am using Yosemite 10.10.3.

When I click on the transition two yellow dots appear indicating from where the still frame will be taken for the transition effect. The yellow dots have the numbers "1" and "2" in them and they are connected to the clip in the timeline by a broken yellow line. I can click and drag the yellow dots to reposition them. When I do this, the broken yellow line becomes a solid yellow line. I thought that the still frame used in the transition would now be taken from the new position of the yellow dot but this does not happen. The yellow dot has moved but the still frame used in the transition remains the original one.

Can someone please tell me how I can select a new still frame to be used in the transition effect?

thanks

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 3:32 AM

I went and tried the "pan down fast" transition. From what I saw the "1" corresponds to a strip that appears (ever so briefly) on the left, likewise the 2 on the right. The middle strip always uses frames near the transition point. As a picture is worth more than a thousand words, I think the one below may make it clear:

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 3:32 AM in response to stephenjl

I went and tried the "pan down fast" transition. From what I saw the "1" corresponds to a strip that appears (ever so briefly) on the left, likewise the 2 on the right. The middle strip always uses frames near the transition point. As a picture is worth more than a thousand words, I think the one below may make it clear:

User uploaded file

selecting the still frame for a transition effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.