Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 randomly going from boot screen to home screen

Hello,

My iphone 5, with current ios 8 software, was working fine until today when I pulled it out of my pocket to read a text, and it displayed the boot up screen. I've seen this before and figured that it would start soo. However, it held at this screen (white with an apple in the center) for over a minute, then went black for around 10 seconds, followed by the home screen for around 2-3 seconds. When the home screen is displayed it is unresponsive. This cycle has been continuing for around an hour and a half. I have tried the hard restart (holding the home and off button), plugging it in to the power source, and turning the device off. Nothing has worked.

PS, This is my fourth replacement phone, after three others had battery problems. I am not thrilled with the way apple's hardware/software has performed as of late.

PLEASE HELP

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:18 PM

1 reply

May 30, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Please help me!!

Hi Please help me!!,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone; I understand how frustrating that can be. If your iPhone is currently not responsive or not starting up successfully, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful, up to and including contacting Apple Support directly if necessary:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

If your iOS device restarts, displays the Apple logo, or powers off while you're using it - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Iphone 5 randomly going from boot screen to home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.