Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram not available in notification center

i am on ios 8.3 and iphone 5.

i Realize instagram has its own settings within the app for notifications.

but i dont see any option of turning on notification like banner/alert/badges using iphone setting -> notification center .

cannot simple see the app name in the notification center under 'include' or 'do not include'

surprised.

checked google and no one seems to mention this.

Posted on May 28, 2015 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2015 2:20 PM

I finally found what the issue is.

Surprisingly, this is not mentioned anywhere else on the internet. At least I could not find.

This looks like a bug to me.

You need to delete and download Instagram from the App Store once again.

Once downloaded, Instagram asks you if you want to receive notifications.

At this point, if you hit NO - that option will not appear in the notification center to turn it on again.

If you hit YES - you will start getting notifications, and the option also appears within Notification Center.

(Remember, you can configure what kind of Notifications you get from within Instagram app - under settings)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2015 2:20 PM in response to Windowbeat

I finally found what the issue is.

Surprisingly, this is not mentioned anywhere else on the internet. At least I could not find.

This looks like a bug to me.

You need to delete and download Instagram from the App Store once again.

Once downloaded, Instagram asks you if you want to receive notifications.

At this point, if you hit NO - that option will not appear in the notification center to turn it on again.

If you hit YES - you will start getting notifications, and the option also appears within Notification Center.

(Remember, you can configure what kind of Notifications you get from within Instagram app - under settings)

Instagram not available in notification center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.