Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Header and Footer Alignment

With the recent update to Pages I've noticed that I can no longer adjust the alignment in Footers and Headers. Now the alignment is forced to default to the Header or Footer section (Left, Center, Right). I need to be able to Justify or set the alignment the way I want to set it as in previous versions. How can I make this suggestion to Apple on this product??

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:53 PM

Pages menu ▸ Provide Pages Feedback. Don't wait up at night waiting for a reply.

Pages v5 is an entirely different application whose design goals, application and document architecture, and limitations are unique to it. If you had iWork '09 installed on your computer when you installed Pages v5, the 100+ additional features in Pages '09 were moved into /Applications/iWork '09. Use the older Pages application that does not set policy on header/footer design.

If you want your own header footer control in Pages v5, I would select Document from the Toolbar and then suppress header/footers. You can replace the header/footers with your own proportionate table field(s), and the from the Arrange menu, select Section Masters > Move Objects to Section Master. This will ensure that your customized header/footer will appear on every page, or vary if you like, by introducing another section.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2015 5:53 PM in response to Art Meakin

Pages menu ▸ Provide Pages Feedback. Don't wait up at night waiting for a reply.

Pages v5 is an entirely different application whose design goals, application and document architecture, and limitations are unique to it. If you had iWork '09 installed on your computer when you installed Pages v5, the 100+ additional features in Pages '09 were moved into /Applications/iWork '09. Use the older Pages application that does not set policy on header/footer design.

If you want your own header footer control in Pages v5, I would select Document from the Toolbar and then suppress header/footers. You can replace the header/footers with your own proportionate table field(s), and the from the Arrange menu, select Section Masters > Move Objects to Section Master. This will ensure that your customized header/footer will appear on every page, or vary if you like, by introducing another section.

Header and Footer Alignment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.