Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessage keeps crashing when I open it. A bug message was sent to me by a number that I do not know. How can I fix this?

i Was sent a bug message. I was told I need to send a message to the person who sent me the bug text, but I do not have the contact or number in my phone. I tried resetting and restoring everything, norhing working.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:20 PM

3 replies

May 30, 2015 4:13 PM in response to Chase carnahan

Hey Chase carnahan,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you received a message that's causing Messages to quit unexpectedly, try deleting the malicious message as mentioned in this Support article:

If Messages quits unexpectedly after you get a text with a specific string of characters - Apple Support

If the issue continues, tap and hold the malicious message, tap More, and delete the message from the thread.

All the best,

Jeremy

My iMessage keeps crashing when I open it. A bug message was sent to me by a number that I do not know. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.