Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri and voice dictation iphone 6

Hello,

My siri and voice dictation have stopped working maybe after i updated to IOS 8.3. When I hold the home button to activate siri, the tune pops up but does not answer the question that it is asked. Instead it shows "Some things you can ask me". I have ensured that Siri is ON and also internet connection is there. Please help me if there is something where I am wrong and if any troubleshooting can solve this problem.

IPhone 6 : IOS 8.3

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:37 PM

3 replies

May 31, 2015 11:21 PM in response to jeremy_v

Hey Jeremy,

I did check my microphone and it seems to be perfect with clear audio. What I am currently facing is when I activate Siri, it listens to me (or maybe not) and then after I complete, it shows up "Some things you can ask me" and doesn't respond to the question asked. Any suggestions on how to get this solved or any troubleshooting methods?

Jun 1, 2015 4:07 PM in response to tagarwal

Hi there,

Thank you for replying with some more information.

It seems like you can record audio using the Voice Memos app, but Siri or dictation don't recognize that you're speaking.

Due to the nature of this situation, I'd recommend contacting Apple Support for more help using this link:

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Best Regards,

Jeremy

siri and voice dictation iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.