Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Finder reject new PWD created in Airport Utility

I did a soft reset in the TimeCapsule to create a new pwd because the original one is long forgotten. Using the Airport Utility, I can access the edit dialog for this base station using the new password.

However, in Finder/Share and clicking on Connect as, after I enter the same credentials, the dialog that Finder displays to enter that information rejects those credentials.

How do I resolve this issue?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3, TC 2nd Gen (?)

Posted on May 28, 2015 2:47 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy

After a short break from this issue, I thought it was just a done deal but not yet.

Perhaps I did not provide what the Finder dialog requests when asking for the name and Pwd to access the time capsule:

it asks for the name and password for the "server" and then gives the name of the TC; next to this is a little image of the TC,

it provides a check box to "remember this pwd in the keychain,

It provides a clicking box to change the pwd

and the normal cancel and connect boxes.

So, I'm back at square 1.

R.

May 28, 2015 11:55 PM in response to Ricardo Valdes

I resolved this issue.

the disk tab in the airport utility gives users two options when sharing the TC disk: you can share by using an account name and its password or you can use the device password.

The problem I had was that -in my case- the sharing option defaulted to the account name; I don't know what account the system is referring to, and I was not able to find an answer to that.

i wanted in finder to drag the backup file of my old TC to the new one. To those who want to do the same you need to understand you can not drag a new folder to the time capsule disk. You must copy the data to a sub folder otherwise you would run into authentication issues that I know little about and can't discuss any further. By luck I found the answer doing a Google search on 'apple time capsule' + 'authentication'.

Why Finder reject new PWD created in Airport Utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.