Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resolution Issue in Bootcamp (New rMBP 2015)

I just installed Windows 8.1 using Bootcamp on my 2015 rMBP (2.5 16 370x) All went smoothly other than the fact that I can't change the resolution in Windows. it is currently set at 2880 x 1800 with no option to change it (see image). This has created two problems:

1) everything is really small, though I was able to make things better by changing the scaling

2) This resolution lock has also extended into a couple of games I installed. This is the main issue as it is making things rather choppy and unplayable..

What can I do to fix this? I tried going on AMD's site to update the drivers but am coming up with no results for the 370x? Do I just have to wait for an update to come along? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:46 PM

9 replies

Jun 1, 2015 3:32 AM in response to GiulianoF

The newer systems use BCA as shown.

MacBook Pro

Mac model Windows 8 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Windows 7 32-bit Windows Vista 64-bit Windows Vista 32-bit Windows XP 32-bit
MacBook Pro
(Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
BCA - - - - -
MacBook Pro
(Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
BCA BCA - - - -
MacBook Pro
(Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
BCA BCA - - - -

You should use BCA as well.

Jun 26, 2015 8:01 PM in response to Loner T

Bumping this thread : I am having the exact same issues as the OP and BCA won't fix the issue, nor will drivers from AMD's website. Super confused here... My Windows installation is perfect except for the graphics which is unusable (can't change resolutions, can't play any games).

Tried everything I could think of but no luck, anyone else still having the exact same problem? I've tried loads of combinations of installing / uninstalling the graphics drivers but it just won't recognize the AMD card on the bootcamp partition.

I'm stumped.

Resolution Issue in Bootcamp (New rMBP 2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.