Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call Mute activated by my face

Apple,

Please change the mute button for phone calls to a swipe feature. Any feature that cannot be activated by my face will work.

Also please change the answer and hangup to swipes. Because of the fingerprint reader on my 5S many times when I pull my phone out of my pocket, it unlocks and I can accidentally hangup without intending to while pulling my phone out of my pocket.

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:08 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 5:14 PM in response to frosty128

If the phone is working properly when you hold the phone to your face ALL of the buttons should be disabled. There is a proximity sensor that locks the screen when you hold to phone to your ear. Sometimes a case or screen protector can interfere with the proper operation of the sensor, so try removing them. And occasionally the sensor breaks. If you suspect it has take it to an Apple store. You can test it yourself; initiate a call, put the phone down, then put your finger over the sensor. It is the little dot above the ear hole slot.

BTW, you are not addressing Apple. This is a user to user technical support forum; Apple does not read or participate.

Call Mute activated by my face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.