Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I remove photos from my iPad mini will they be deleted from my Mac

If I delete photos from my iPad mini, will they also be deleted from my Mac?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 4:48 PM

5 replies

May 28, 2015 5:37 PM in response to elainea43

I assume that you mean that you bought the camera connection kit for the iPad. When you tried to load the photos on the iPad from the CCK. you did not have enougt free space on the iPad to hold all of the photos. You also downloaded the photos directly from the camera to the Mac. If that is what you did, then the photos are safely stored on the hard drive and you can delete them from the iPad without worry.

Where you have me confused is where you say they appeared on your phone. If you synced the photos to your phone, from the Mac, that is the only thing that makes sense in your explanation. If that's not the case you need to explain this whole thing a little more clearly.

May 28, 2015 5:46 PM in response to JimHdk

My photos appeared on my iPhone when I did an iCloud backup. I probably didn't need to upload them from my chip to the iPad. I was in South Africa at the time and wanted to look at them on my iPad. I didn't have my Mac with me. As long as they remain on my Mac, I feel secure. The issue arose when I loaded the chip, and I got the message that I did not have enough storage and needed to remove some photos. You have been very helpful.

if I remove photos from my iPad mini will they be deleted from my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.