Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS third party crash.

Dear Apple,

My iphone 6 plus running on IOS 8 has recently crashed when I was on safari, but it was only the safari app not the whole phone and it also didn't let me open anything in safari. It said to call a number toll free, so I called it and some guy with a accent said am I using iphome or iPad i said iphone but then he was like are you calling from the device that crashed I said "yes". But then he said hold on line and then came back and said there was a one time fix for $80 and I thought $8 so then he said no no no $80-$90. Then I was thinking $80 no way this can't be real, so then the guy asked me how old I was I didn't want him to know I had a credit card so I said I was 15 then he said oh go to your local Apple store and hung up. I was confused then I was thinking so I went to settings safari and then cleared my history and search then it was gone. But they habe my phone I don't feel safe with that. So I have come here to the forum to ask you guys that have maybe experienced this for some further information. I don't know if they still have a virus in my phone or something. If anybody can give me more info about this please give more info about this I just don't feel safe about wbat happened. Thank you!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:40 PM

The iPhone does not, nor did it ever have a virus. The popup messages are nothing more than an annoying scam. If you didn't divulge any personal or financial information, you'll be fine. Just remember to never, ever call those numbers.

5 replies

iOS third party crash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.