Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem connecting the Airport time capsule to att Uverse modem

I am trying to set up my new Airport Time capsule and am having difficulty. I have read the streams that seem relevant and followed the directions but still do not have a set up that works.

I have att Uverse with which I access the internet. I connected the Uverse modem to the Airport tower using the Ethernet WAN port on the airport with an ethernet cable and then went into the airport settings and manually set the wireless settings to "extend a wireless network" and then entered my Uvese network name and password.

The system said it was resetting and then when complete the internet is still working but the airport still flashes amber and the status reads "wireless network" with the associated message that it can't find the wireless network. what have i done wrong?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:44 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2015 12:01 AM in response to jessicad45

manually set the wireless settings to "extend a wireless network" and then entered my Uvese network name and password.

This is not possible.. sorry.

The TC must create a wireless network.. you cannot extend from any router except another apple.. plus if you extend wireless you cannot have ethernet connected.

So turn off the wireless in the uverse or use both.. there is no harm in having both running.

Problem connecting the Airport time capsule to att Uverse modem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.