Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina screen broken

Hi everyone,

My computer's display has been giving me trouble for quite some time now. After I upgraded to the latest OS, I noticed my MacBook Pro retina starting up extremely slow. It would take almost a minute before the Apple logo would even appear on the screen after the start up music played. Prior to this, I noticed a faint crackling sound coming from the computer after the start up music played.

Today, after carefully wiping down my screen, I noticed some spots, almost what looked like water spots, on the inside of the screen. I turned the computer off and left it alone for a while thinking that maybe by some freak chance a drop of water managed to get inside, but honestly that would be pretty impossible since the cloth was only damp and not even really wet.

Hours later, I turned the computer back on and it was working 100% fine until the screen went black. The computer still starts up, bu the screen remains black. The backlight on my keyboard also won't work, and only the caps lock still lights up.

I'm really upset about this, especially since I need the computer for school. I will definitely be bringing the laptop to Apple, but I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience? Does anyone have any idea how much it might cost me to fix something like this?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 5:24 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro Retina screen broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.