Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storing files in the cloud only on the iCloud drive

Hello,

I have a limited HD space and I have about 100GB free iCloud drive space. I want to move some of my files from the local hard disk to the iCloud drive and store it there. The problem is that Yosemite keeps a copy on my hard disk, which is not what I like to do.

How can I move my files to the iCloud and store it there only as I could do with dropbox.

Thanks.

Tareq

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Running Windows 7 on Boot Camp

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 11:14 AM

You can only store files on iCloud Drive without mirroring them on your Mac, if you disable iCloud Drive and solely use the web interface at www.cloud.com.

But that would be very cumbersome, since you could not open the files directly from your applications.

You would be forced to upload and download them continually to work with them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 11:14 AM in response to Tareg

You can only store files on iCloud Drive without mirroring them on your Mac, if you disable iCloud Drive and solely use the web interface at www.cloud.com.

But that would be very cumbersome, since you could not open the files directly from your applications.

You would be forced to upload and download them continually to work with them.

Storing files in the cloud only on the iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.