Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery keep draining when bluetooth is on

My battery keeps draining as soon as I turn on my bluetooth. But I need the bluetooth when I'm in my vehicle. Any ideas on how to overcome this problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:36 PM

2 replies

May 30, 2015 8:41 AM in response to lorettafrom

BlueTooth uses no significant amount of power (maximum of 10 milliwatts). If the phone is draining it is not because of BlueTooth, but it could be some app that is using BlueTooth. The easiest way to resolve the problem is to keep the phone plugged in when using it in the car. Use a 3rd party approved USB adapter, rather than the USB port in the car (if it has one). The Apple store carriers several approved car USB adapters.

battery keep draining when bluetooth is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.