Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dear Apple, please make sure that cables made for phones are actually compatiable with phone

I thought this would be common sense. If there is a cable made to charge a specific electronic, it should CHARGE THE ACTUAL PRODUCT IT'S MADE FOR. Instead I get the displeasure of my phone being half charged or not even charging because the cable "isn't compatible with the product". Gee, I guess it's my fault for assuming that a cable made to charge an iPhone would actually charge the phone. Silly me. I guess I'll just watch my phone die and miss the important scheduled call I was supposed to receive.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 6:08 PM

9 replies

May 28, 2015 6:18 PM in response to diamondfrombrooklyn

Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products

Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.

Only cables with the label MFi are guaranteed to work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MFi_Program

Dear Apple, please make sure that cables made for phones are actually compatiable with phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.