Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri will not connect in 2015 Mini Cooper

Hi -- I'm experiencing an issue with the bluetooth connection between my iPhone 5s and my 2015 4-door Mini Cooper (F56) in regards to Siri. I have the base model audio system, so using the button on the steering wheel is not an option.

In my previous Mini Cooper (a 2010), I was able to hold down the home button on my iPhone to activate Siri (as usual) and she would come on over the bluetooth connection in the car.

In my new Mini, holding down the home button does activate Siri, but the microphone does not cut through the car audio and the soundwave on the phone doesn't register a thing. If I plug in the dock connector and change the bluetooth audio source to "Dock Connector", it can hear me through the phone's mic, but I have to do this audio input switch each time I get in the car -- a big step down from the way it used to function seamlessly.

I called Mini Cooper's tech support on this issue and they claim their people are aware of the issue and that it's with the iPhone software somehow and that "Apple they are well aware of this and they are working on a fix". SO, my actual question...

Is Apple actually working on this issue or is Mini just passing the buck? If Apple is working on it, is there an estimate of when this problem might be addressed?It's become a fairly important part of the way I drive so it would be a big help to have the functionality back.

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 8:39 PM

This is just a me too (I wish I had an answer instead) . . . I just discovered the same problem. I had a 2012 Mini that worked perfectly with Siri but my new 2015 refuses to allow Siri to hear/talk to me. So if anyone does have a resolution, please, please help.

9 replies

Jul 3, 2015 8:49 AM in response to John Waters1

Did you take the navigation system?? Which includes voice recognition?? I didn't take it because I don't need all the other options, I just needed the voice recognition which I found out AFTER I bought the car that It was no longer included… This is an accident waiting to happen because you have to scroll down your phone numbers while trying to watch the road…

Oct 27, 2016 6:16 PM in response to John Waters1

Similarly, Maps will not do navigation through the BT only through the phone speakers or when docked, unlike Google maps that has the option for "treat navigation like a phone connection" so it pauses music etc and provides navigation.

I have a 2013 with MINI Connected (no issue), 2013 MINI w/ basic radio (has Issue), and a 2016 MINI w/ basic radio (has issue)...yes, I like MINI's... I too do a lot of solo travel and hands free audio navigation is crucial and have gone so far as to use a 3rd party BT connected to my AUX ports (which works great but less flexible and not preffered since only works when radio is set to Aux input), it would be great if;

1. Maps and/or SIRI worked through the BT connection like it does with all my other BT devices,
  2. Apple provided a setting option similar to what Google offers in their map app ("treat like a phone conversation") so when in the car I can maintain hands free / eyes free.

Siri will not connect in 2015 Mini Cooper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.