Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsyncing specific podcasts from iPhone and iPad

Trying to help my mom: she loves listening to and watching her knitting podcasts and has them all synced to her iPad and iPhone. However, her iPhone is full! So full in fact that you can hardly open any apps. I have removed all pictures and saved elsewhere to try to help, but when doing that...more podcasts downloaded and synced! She wants podcasts on her phone so she can listen to them easily in the car, but she doesn't necessarily need the video podcasts on her phone. When I tried to delete video podcasts on her phone though, it also deleted from her iPad.

How can I fix this for her? Yes, she has it set to delete played episodes...there are just that many podcasts she listens to! I have no idea how to fix this problem for her...I have many Apple products, but don't use them for podcasts...and don't keep a lot of things on my devices like that to use up storage space. All suggestions are appreciated! 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 28, 2015 7:28 PM

1 reply

May 31, 2015 7:01 AM in response to KatieK3298

If you are trying to keep the devices "separate" you could try not sellecting "Sync Podcasts" under Settings/Podcasts/Podcasts Settings on both devices. You will not have play position sync but I think you can individually manage each device then - you might need Download Episodes enabled also because each device will then update it's own content. I've never tried it because I've always wanted the same content across all my devices, might be worth a go!

Unsyncing specific podcasts from iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.