Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My very new iphone 6 turns off and on over and over again, without allowing me to type a passcode, this means i cant restore it, or update it to try to fix the problem, i believe that it is due to the texting glitch released a couple days ago

Okay, so I was sending and receiving a lot of those effective. power..... text messages that shut off your iphone, and my battery died, I had to wait a while to charge it again, and once it was charged, I noticed it would light up with the apple icon, and go black, sometimes it will also go to the lock screen, but never gives me enough time to type a passcode. Since I cant have the phone unlocked, I cannot reset to factory defaults and just use my last backup. I am trying to fix my phone before going to an apple store because im very busy, and I would appreciate any help anyone is willing to offer, but please keep in mind I am not very good with electronics, so please try to limit terms that everyone does not know to a minimum.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, please

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:18 PM

There are no replies.

My very new iphone 6 turns off and on over and over again, without allowing me to type a passcode, this means i cant restore it, or update it to try to fix the problem, i believe that it is due to the texting glitch released a couple days ago

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.