Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2 constantly restarting

I have searched the forum and the web but haven't found a reason or answer about this issue. I have a consistent and strong wifi signal however both of my Apple TV's (version 2) constantly go into reboot /restart mode. The screen goes black, the wheel spins, the light on the Apple TV flashes and then the screen goes back to the main menu page. It is very frustrating and annoying. I thought it might be the auto update setting so I disabled that feature. But that didn't work as the restart has happened several times since changing it up. Should I do a full restore? Does anyone know what is causing this problem and have a resolution to fix it?

Thanks!

Apple TV (2nd generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:49 PM

1 reply

Apple TV 2 constantly restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.