Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove the Google pop up on my calculator app??

A Google pop up asks me to install. It won't go away, but instead loops back to the original. Appears on the calculator page and covers part of the screen. Also it freezes the image so it won't rotate. Very frustrating. I don't want the app! It surprises me that Apple would allow Google to mess with my iPad

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2015 9:47 PM

You're right that Apple would never allow this.

Please specify exactly which app are you referring to.

11 replies

May 29, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Jimbobsue

Install " WHAT? " - post a screenshot?

Taking stevejobsfan0123's idea a step further... I am curious as to why the Mighty Google would PAY an obscure Calculator App developer to display ads (??)

Google is the last company in the world to need such, being the #1 most visited domain in the world.

Maybe the behavior is a "Proof of Concept" - i.e., proving to other potential advertisers that the App CAN display an ad and what it looks like when doing so. (?)

ÇÇÇ

May 29, 2015 12:10 PM in response to Jimbobsue

Since this is the iPad forum, and since iPads do not include a calculator app from Apple as part of their default iOS build, this has to be an app you installed from the App Store. Why not just delete the bothersome app and grab a different calculator app? Many free ones will.be ad supported, but there are many to choose from.

Pcalc Lite is free to download and I think is ad-free as well.

May 29, 2015 2:25 PM in response to Demo

Howdy, amigo

I continue to be bumfuzzled...

You have an iOS App [unnamed] shown, and it displays an ad for some, also unnamed " Google app " ¶ FREE in the App Store => [*Install Now].

OK... is this advertised App an iOS App, I wonder? From the iTunes App Store OR is this from the GooglePlay App Store? If an iOS app (or not), why would a developer agree to advertise its competition in his/her own App?

OR, is it (as I posited earlier) a demonstration of a "proof of concept" that the developer, not yet having any Advertisers, CAN display an ad and what it would look like?

*sure doesn't look like what the OP describes... is it "dismiss-able"? Screen rotate orientation while displayed? <[ sjf's " iAd gone wild " idea ]

sure be nice to get an App name from the OP for testing, huh?

just sayin'... "go to Google" has been an NSFW LINK for ages - why not adapt it to my proof of concept idea?

... we wait for data ... I am getting dumber by the post!

ÇÇÇ

May 29, 2015 2:44 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

it's not an ad for an unnamed app, it is an ad for The Google App, an App for iOS made by Google. The Google app, by Google Inc. is Google's own search app for iOS. Google Inc. has some 10 or 11 different Google Apps in the Apple App Store and they advertise all of them via iAds and pop ups in other apps that use the advertising revenue to support their no-fee apps.

How to remove the Google pop up on my calculator app??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.