Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini won't sync with PC but used to

I bought an iPad mini as a Christmas present. I got it set up and synced iTunes and added music to it. Trying to add new music to it months later and the PC (Windows 8.1) I used to originally sync is not recognized when I plug in the iPad. PC and iPad are both running the current updates. The Apple Mobile Device Service is running, but I'm not sure if it's running correctly. It says the program is running and when I stop it, it doesn't restart and I get an error 1053. When I close the charm and open it again, the AMDS is running. I have reset my Apple ID on both the iPad and PC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes on the PC. I've tried using a different lightening cable when I plug it in. I even went so far as to do a factory reset on the iPad and it still won't sync, or even charge, while plugged in to the PC. Why won't it sync anymore? I can't do it plugged in or over wifi. Very frustrating! Any help is appreciated.

iPad Mini, Windows 8, null

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:33 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2015 10:26 PM in response to jblack138

When you removed and reinstalled iTunes, did you do it following the steps in this support document? Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support If not, it can cause more issues. If you did, you should look at the troubleshooting steps from this user supplied tip document. It is very possible that a Windows update has caused an issue and you may need to troubleshoot that. Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

iPad Mini won't sync with PC but used to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.