Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve lost text messages after restoring my iPhone from an older backup?

I have an iPhone backup from May 18. On May 19 I dropped my iPhone 5 in water and ruined it. So, I took a different iPhone 5 and decided to restore my May 18 backup onto that iPhone. However, I first wanted to make sure my SIM card was still working. So, I put my SIM card in the different iPhone 5 (the one that was NOT ruined by water). The SIM card was recognized, it worked, and several text messages came in that had been waiting since May 19 when I broke my phone. Then I removed my SIM card, erased the iPhone 5, put my SIM card back in, restarted the iPhone, and chose to restore my May 18 backup like normal. Everything was good until I realized that the iMessage app from the May 18 backup was not up-to-date (since it didn't know about the several new texts that came in previously as I just mentioned). Moreover, I also realized that my SIM card no longer knew about the new texts anymore because it had already loaded them onto the iPhone before I erased it (again, as I just mentioned). So now I'm wondering, how can I retrieve these lost text messages? Is there a way to refresh iMessage? Is there a way to tell the SIM card to re-fetch all messages and update iMessage? Or something?

TIA

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 28, 2015 10:57 PM

There are no replies.

How can I retrieve lost text messages after restoring my iPhone from an older backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.