Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX messing up audio on import

I'm ripping some home DVDs with handbrake, saving as m4v files. When I preview the files or play them with QT they sound fine. But after I import them into FCP they've get a weird metallic sound to them. The audio analysis and fixing is off. Why is FCP messing up my audio?? Is there a way to fix it?? Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 28, 2015 8:52 PM

1 reply

May 29, 2015 6:28 AM in response to Nick Haley

Hard to say. As a general matter, Final Cut isn't always happy working with MPEG-4. If you have Compressor, convert a short test piece to Pro Res and see whether that works. If you don't have Compressor, use MPEG Streamclip.

FWIW: A lot of knowledgeable people on these boards use Handbrake. However, when I have DVDs to rip, I use MPEG Streamclip. That avoids the H.264 or X.264 compression and lets me save to a codec that will stand up to recompression better that the long GOPP codecs.

Russ

FCPX messing up audio on import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.