Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronize clips problem with GH4 segmented files

Hi,

I was shooting a 1.5hour seminar with the Panasonic GH4 in 1080p 50mbps mode. The GH4 created 8 4.28GB files as I think it is something to do with the file system.

I recorded the audio from lav microphones by plugging in my iphone with XLR>ipohone adaptor and recording 44.1 khz apple lossless file using the Rode App. Sound quality was very adequate.

I had a Sennheiser MKE-400 mic on the GH4 to record the speakers voices that were broadcast over several speakers. This audio is not bad but has a lot of room noise.

I selected the 8 clips and the audio clip and hit synchronize clips. I tried this several times and the audio does not sync up most of the time or is only synced in the first clip. I have tried creating a compound clip from the 8 files so that I can sync the audio but it doesnt work.

I am hoping I dont have manually sync the audio.

Anyone know why it doesn't work. I even tried syncing individual clips. No luck. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), MBP7,1, 2.4Ghz, C2Duo, SSD,8GBRAM

Posted on May 29, 2015 12:30 AM

3 replies

May 29, 2015 6:38 AM in response to fpc2012

Since the sync process is trying to match wave form shapes, I suspect the problem it the crowd noise is producing shapes that FCP cannot match against the lav>iPhone clips.

I'll be interested to hear whether you have better luck syncing with Luis' multi clip suggestion.

You might also change the sample rate to 48.

Russ

May 30, 2015 5:12 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks Russ. There was no crowd noise. The mics were piped to a speaker system in the auditorium. The audio picked up by mic to the GH4 was pretty good and synced up properly to the first clip. You could definitely hear the speakers. I'm just trying to figure out why FCPX didnt sync the other files. I will try multicam but it seems like a pain.

What is the best way to record audio separately to a mult box or from a lav/handheld mic so I can record it on the iPhone/Zoom H4n and sync to audio recorded by GH4.

Thanks.

Synchronize clips problem with GH4 segmented files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.