Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't connect to computer.

I have a windows PC, ITunes is installed and up to date, PC is up to date. I plug my IPhone5s in and it sometimes says "USB device not recognized", sometimes it charges. But never connects. It fails to "install new device" when I plug it in. I have tried 2 different cords, neither are Apple certified but it has never been a problem with my previous phone. I bought this IPhone from a friend who I'm pretty sure "found" it. What steps can I take next?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 29, 2015 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:21 AM

Hi This iPhone will be locked to the Owners Apple ID you cannot use Get your money back from your so called friend Hand iphone in to the police you may even get a reward. Cheers Brian

3 replies

May 30, 2015 7:30 PM in response to Alexajem

Well, since you are not using Apple Certified cables, then we really can't help as there is no way to know if that is what is causing the issue. When you say they worked with a previous phone, what model phone, what iOS? If it was pre-iOS 7, then that is why it would have worked.

Also, if your friend "found" this phone, you have no way to know if it has been jailbroken, or what else may be wrong with it. All in all, an impossible situation to troubleshoot.

Sorry,

GB

iPhone won't connect to computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.