Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download full resolution photos from the iCloud to an external hard drive?

I cannot work out how to get photos to be saved onto an external hard drive from iCloud.

Posted on May 29, 2015 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 1:06 AM

How are you using iCloud for your Photos? How did you upload the photos to iCloud?

iCloud Photo Library? My Photo Stream? Are you using the web interface at www.cloud.com?

I am not sure, what you want to achieve. Download some originals to be used in other applications?

• if you are using Photos on your Mac, with the originals stored in iCloud Photo Library, and you now want the originals stored locally, but on an external drive, you have to move the iCloud Photo Library to an external drive. It is not possible to use a Photos Library with iCloud, if the originals are not managed inside the Photos Library.
  • If you just want to export selected photos from iCloud Photo Library, select the photos in Photos and use the command "File > Export > Export unmodified originals ..."
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 1:06 AM in response to adells

How are you using iCloud for your Photos? How did you upload the photos to iCloud?

iCloud Photo Library? My Photo Stream? Are you using the web interface at www.cloud.com?

I am not sure, what you want to achieve. Download some originals to be used in other applications?

• if you are using Photos on your Mac, with the originals stored in iCloud Photo Library, and you now want the originals stored locally, but on an external drive, you have to move the iCloud Photo Library to an external drive. It is not possible to use a Photos Library with iCloud, if the originals are not managed inside the Photos Library.
  • If you just want to export selected photos from iCloud Photo Library, select the photos in Photos and use the command "File > Export > Export unmodified originals ..."

Mar 31, 2016 4:04 PM in response to léonie

Hi!

I am wondering this same thing. I have been uploading my photos to iCloud for the past several months (since switching from directly uploading to my external hard drive) and now I want to take ALL of my photos/videos off of iCloud and put them back onto my hard drives (how I was doing it before I changed) and then also have a copy in my iPhoto.

When I select many photos (or an entire Moments section) I want it to download, and it opens every single file separately and puts it on my desktop? How can I make it just download and save to my external drive as an option during my download process?

Thanks!

Julie

How do I download full resolution photos from the iCloud to an external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.