Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The 8.3 update is showing as downloaded in my settings, is this an automatic action because I have not attempted to download it ?.

THe 8.3 update is showing as downloaded in my settings, is this done automatically because I have not attempted to download it ?.

iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 2:26 AM

if it is already downloaded then you can complete the install by opening settings, tapping on general, choose software update, and then tap "install."

5 replies

May 29, 2015 4:40 AM in response to teddymardian3

Many thanks teddy, i many thanks teddy, I did presume that was the case but I wondered if it was an automatic action when a new upgrade was released as to my knowledge I had done nothing to download it and when the 8.0 was available I didn't have enough space or so it told me and that made ne think a bit. Not sure yet wether I should change.

kind regards.

May 29, 2015 9:48 AM in response to henryfromdewsbury

The iOS updates can be auto-pushed (but never auto-installed) by Apple to the device if:

1. The device has the necessary free storage space for the update.

2. The device is connected to a valid Wi-Fi network

3. The device is connected under external power (connected to a PC via USB or connected to a USB charger)

If you don't want to install the update, you don't have to. If you choose not to install the update, delete the update file to free up the storage space that it uses. Do this under: Settings/General/Usage/Storage/Manage Storage. It will appear in this list and can be deleted by tapping on the "iOS update" app, then tapping the "Delete App" button.

Beware that the update may be auto-pushed to your device again in the future so if you notice storage space missing, this may have happened.

The 8.3 update is showing as downloaded in my settings, is this an automatic action because I have not attempted to download it ?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.