Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple's communities doesn't work on my iPad

I am unable to post questions to Communities on my iPad. Does anyone know why? How can I fix?

iPad, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 29, 2015 4:34 AM

10 replies

May 29, 2015 8:46 AM in response to AnnieMarie123

AnnieMarie123 wrote:

my typing doesn't show up in the large space provided. It remains blank even though the cursor moves.

Thanks for clarifying the issue...

Strange. The first thing to try with odd issues like this is a device reset. You should also shut down Safari before the reset.

Shut down Safari from Multitasking

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
  2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

Reset the device (you will lose NO data or settings)

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Open Safari and try again.

May 29, 2015 9:10 AM in response to Demo

And continuing along the lines of Demo's comment, if you finally do see the text you're typing on the iPad, also beware of double capitals when beginning a paragraph. The first letter is capital as it should be but the second letter typed will also be a capital. You can move the cursor back to replace the second capital with a small letter but many don't and that's fine since it's just another forum quirk as Demo mentioned above.

There are more but we can leave you to find these on your own...that's part of the fun we have here! 😝 (Note that I seldom post using the iPad)

Apple's communities doesn't work on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.