Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Trackpad Scrolling (Late 2013 MacBook Pro 15-inch)

The problem:

After some duration of use, maybe 1-2 hours, the scrolling performance from the trackpad would significantly drop and lag before it responds to my finger's movements. Interestingly, connecting a USB mouse and using the scroll wheel has no lag problem and works just fine. After rebooting, the scrolling on the trackpad is returned to normal.

I have the Late 2013 MacBook Pro 15-inch and I'm running the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. I noticed the slow scrolling issue beginning from OS X Yosemite 10.10.1, but I've been patiently waiting for the new updates to see if the issue is fixed. I used run the Retina display one scale above normal (closer to non-retina 1680x1050 I believe), but I tried lowering it back down to the default but there is no difference – still slow scrolling with trackpad after few hours of use.

I tend to be plugged in to the wall 90% of the time and also have an additional 21-inch monitor attached via DisplayPort 90% of the time (not running clamshell mode).

The problem is getting annoying enough where I'm looking for help online, but not annoying enough to take it into an Apple Store (which is a bit far away) to diagnose the issue (because I can reboot every 2-3 hours, or use a mouse). Also I'm using this mac for my daily use at work so it's quite important to me.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 29, 2015 1:45 AM

There are no replies.

Slow Trackpad Scrolling (Late 2013 MacBook Pro 15-inch)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.